1. When you try to open the document for the first time, the viewer program asks you to enter a Serial Number (a unique combination of numbers and letters) which proves your right to open the document.
2. You enter the Serial Number that was received during the purchasing of the protected document.
3. The program collects information on hardware parameters of the device and transmits it with the Serial Number to the StarForce License Management Server (Internet connection is required).
4. The StarForce Management License Server checks if this Serial Number is valid and has not been used for the document opening on other devices, and then returns the activation key that contains the license information (printing option, validity date) and the signature of the device's hardware parameters.
5. The protection system on site checks the matching of activation key to the hardware of your device and allows you to open the document.
6. Every time you open the document the protection system checks the matching of the activation key to hardware parameters on your device, and if the confirmation is successful, the system allows you to open the document.